I have been “Travel Tagged” by Chistina from Creative View – thank you 🙂 I invite you to visit her blog. It gives me an opportunity to let you know a little about myself and what I think about travel.
- WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE PLACE YOU HAVE VISITED? So far, my favorite place was Israel, a couple of years ago. What was unique there is the way biblical history is visible and present in contemporary everyday life. In every other country that I have visited it is the history of the past, which gives a taste of life then, but it is so vastly different of the lives people live now.
- IF YOU COULD VISIT ANYWHERE TOMORROW, WHERE WOULD YOU PICK? Tomorrow I would go to Scotland. I would pack for two weeks, rent a car there, sleep in B&B’s, eat every local food, and visit the whole list of places that I would arrange for myself. I would also take my sister with me – because she is the best travel companion I know 🙂
- WOULD YOU RATHER GO ON A CITY HOLIDAY OR A BEACH HOLIDAY? Definitely a city holiday. I love old cities full of ancient buildings, museums with famous works of art, people that live there, and local food. And good coffee. A beach would probably be last on my list.
- WHAT ARE THE 3 OF YOUR HOLIDAY ESSENTIALS? Camera – comes even before food, although I love to eat 🙂 Comfy shoes. My favorite clothes – because wearing them makes me feel like having a bit of home in a strange new place.
- ARE YOU AN OVER-PACKER OR UNDER-PACKER? Unfortunately, always an over-packer although each year I promise myself to pack less… It never works 😉
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT GOING ON HOLIDAYS? Discovering new places, seeing history with my own eyes, appreciating art, tasting native food, discovering that people everywhere although looking different are really just like me – all of this equals to this: GROWING WISER.
- WHAT IS ONE PLACE YOU WOULD NEVER WANT TO VISIT? Alaska in the winter 😉 Too COLD!
- WHO WOULD YOU RATHER GO ON A HOLIDAY WITH, FAMILY OR FRIENDS? Family – my sister Awa. If I had a friend who travels and sight-sees like we do, she can go along as well 🙂
- WHAT IS THE MOST ADVENTUROUS DISH YOU HAVE TRIED FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY? Difficult to answer, I do not usually try any “adventurous” dishes as they may turn out to be spicy, which I do not like. I tend to go for food that looks similar to what I know.
- WHO WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THIS TRAVEL TAG? Awa on the Road Ed Lehming Photography Steve Grundy Photography Nareszcie Urlop The New 3Rs: Retire, Recharge, Reconnect Ms. Diplomacy Streets of Nuremberg
Thank you for taking part in this challenge 🙂